The year 2019 is celebrated as the year of Rembrandt in the Netherlands. Many special events and exhibitions are organised throughout the year to celebrate the work of a famous Dutch painter.
I wanted to give my contribution, by designing a set of colouring postcards ‘Rembrandt in Amsterdam’ dedicated to his life and work in the Dutch capital.
Rembrandt in Amsterdam
Rembrandt lived during the 17th Century and has spent most of his career as a painter in Amsterdam. Many places related to his life and work could still be seen around the city. From the houses where he lived to places where he created some of his very famous paintings, like the ‘Night Watch’ or the ‘Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp’.
To bring that part of Amsterdam’s history into life, I’ve created a set of postcards with drawings of some of those places related to Rembrandt in Amsterdam. Within each of the sets with seven colouring postcards, there is a list of exact locations and addresses of those places.
So, you can use the postcards while walking around Amsterdam to discover some of them.
Places included on colouring postcards ‘Rembrandt in Amsterdam’:
- 1 – De Waag – ‘This is where Rembrandt painted his ‘Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp in 1632’, address: Nieuwmarkt 4, 1012 CR
- 2 – Doelen Hotel – ‘This is where the ‘Night Watch’ was first displayed in 1642′, address: Nieuwe Doelenstraat 26, 1012 CP
- 3 – The Drapers Guild – ‘This is where Rembrandt painted his ‘Syndics of the Drapers’ Guild in 1662′, address: Staalstraat 7, 1011 JJ
- 4 – Rembrandthuis Museum – ‘This is where Rembrandt lived and had his studio between 1639 and 1656’, address: Jodenbreestraat 4, 1011 NK
- 5 – De Blauwbrug – ‘This is where Rembrandt would often come to paint’, address: Blauwbrug, 1017 CJ
- 6 – Westerkerk – ‘This is where Rembrandt was buried in 1669’, address: Prinsengracht 279, 1016 GW
- 7 – Rijksmuseum – ‘This is where some of Rembrandt’s most famous paintings are exhibited’, address: Museumstraat 1, 1071 XX
Watch the video to see all designs:
‘Rembrandt in Amsterdam’ is a set of seven colouring postcards with drawings of places related to this famous painter, that could still be seen in Amsterdam.
As it’s the case with all of my postcards, they are:
- Hand drawn and printed on a high quality paper
- You can colour them with crayons or markers
- They are designed, drawn and printed in the Netherlands, so you’re getting a real local product
These postcards can’t be delivered in a moment. I’ll put a note here when they’ll be available again.