Hello and welcome to the Culture Tourist!
My name is Tea, and I am an Amsterdam based blogger, art lover, travel enthusiast, coffee and fashion magazines addict. And a founder of the Culture Tourist.
I always loved creating things. When I was a kid, I always liked to design ‘magazines’ out of my old notebooks. I went to art high school, where I was especially interested in decorative crafts. And then, during my studies, when I started to work as a museum guide, I realized people are so intimidated with art. They find museums to be that strange place and that art is reserved only for a few that ‘understands it’.
But, let’s be honest art and design are all around us and they are something that makes our life so much more beautiful. Well, that’s something I love to reveal in the Culture Tourist.
I’m also in looove with travelling. I believe that travelling is a wonderful way to learn about the world around us. And especially about its history, art and culture. So, that’s why my focus here is precisely that. Deep travel, meaningful travel and especially cultural tourism.
Well, that’s why I decided to create a Culture Tourist as a place where art and travel are combined together. And where you can learn about art and design through travel. So, something that started as my creative outlet in 2016 became my full-time job very soon. And to me, that’s a dream come true. After getting my MA degree in art history I moved from my home town Zagreb (Croatia) to Amsterdam. And found that to be a great opportunity to start my own business.
This blog is your travel guide through art and culture of destinations around Europe.
Who is the Culture Tourist?
- I am! I don’t like mass tourism. I believe in responsible tourism!
- I love to travel deep. Meet some local people, listen to their stories and let them tell me about their cities.
- I love to travel around Europe and learn about its culture, differences and history. But, I also love to immerse into the local everyday life. So I’m always on a lookout for some cool street art, local designers and artists.
What am I doing…
Culture Tourist is all about promoting that art and travel inspired lifestyle. This is how I’m doing that:
#1 – Creating travel content: Culture Tourist is focused on European travel destinations with occasional trips outside the Old Continent. You can find travel guides, lists of best museums or typical local products to buy there.
#3 – Travel related art products: Educating people about art and history is one of my goals. That’s why I’m creating these travel related art products, as well. You can see a collection of my colouring postcards in my WEB SHOP.
Culture Tourist in other media
# – Listed as one of the best blogs about Amsterdam:
- St. Christophers: The top ten Amsterdam blogs
- Amsterdamian: Blogs to check out when you come to Amsterdam
# – My Colouring Postcards in media:
- WanderlustingK: The Best Souvenirs to but in the Netherlands by a Dutch Resident
- Broadcast Amsterdam: Christmas Shopping in Amsterdam
# – I was also featured in:
- Travelettes: Exploring Texel Island
- Tour Radar: 11 best things to do in Stockholm
- I Am Expat: Vincent van Gogh and the Netherlands
- I Am Expat: Rembrandt and his connection to Amsterdam
- I Am Expat: New research into Johannes Vermeer’s Grl with a pearl earring
- I Am Expat: 5 things you probably didn’t know about the Red Light District
- Live Science: The Louvre Museum: facts, paintings and tickets
- Live Science: Eiffel Tower: Information & Facts
- Live Science: Palace of Versailles: Facts & History
- Expatica.com: Walking in the footsteps of Vincent Van Gogh
- Expatica.com: The Dutch tulip invasion
- Expatriate Archive Centre: Season’s Greetings – Christmas cards
- Amsterdam Mamas: A day out in Haarlem with kids
- Amsterdam Mamas: Amsterdam Mamas’ Quick guide Zagreb
- Amsterdam Mamas: Amsterdam Mamas’Quick guide: Stockholm with kids
# – Some interviews with me:
- Dutch News: 10 questions with Tea Gudek Snajdar from the Culture Tourist, 6/12/2017
- CultureMee: Video interview about cultural differences between the Netherlands and Croatia, 7/10/2018
- Amsterdive: Vlog – A tour in the Rijksmuseum with Culture Tourist, 26/11/2018
- New Stardom: Tea Gudek Snajdar: Culture Tourist – Business Story, 11/12/2018
Would you like to do an interview with me? Contact me here!
Would you like to work with me?
Some brands I worked with:
# – Are you a brand or a tourism board that’s interested in working with me? That’s great! Send me an email for my updated press kit!
# – Are you a traveller interested to learn more about art or history of Amsterdam? Take a look here for my private museum tours in Amsterdam!
# – Do you need a guest writer for your blog, magazine or an online publication? Send me an email with the topic you’re interested in!
# – You can hire me as a speaker – I’m doing presentations and talks on topics from art, culture or travel. If you would like to hire me as a speaker, please contact me here!
- I was a speaker at the Spark Conference in Amsterdam in March 2018 with talk about Inspirational women through history and what can we learn from them.
Get in touch!
If you have any questions for me or if you are interested in working with me, drop me an email and I’ll come back to you shortly!
If you would like to receive my monthly newsletter with travel inspiration, giveaways and travel products, sign in here!