If you have only one day to see both museums, then this combo tour is something for you. You’re going to get a great overview of Dutch art, from 17th century painters such as Rembrandt or Vermeer, to one of our most important modern painters, Vincent van Gogh.
We start in the Rijksmuseum and finish in the Van Gogh Museum, with a short coffee break between the museums. The programme follows the key points covered in the single visits. You can read more about the Rijksmuseum tour here and the Van Gogh Museum tour here.
We’re going to focus on:
- The Dutch Golden Age and the painters living at that time (Rembrandt, Vermeer, Frans Hals, Jan Steen etc.)
- The people who commissioned these paintings: the wealthy Dutch middle classes of the 17th century
- The special techniques and materials these painters used
- Recognizing their talent by drawing some of the details from their paintings
- Van Gogh’s life and how it affected his motives and his style of painting
- His relationship with his brother Theo and the letters they sent to each other
- How we can use all our senses to understand one of his most famous paintings, and then try to sketch it ourselves
- Skip the line entrance
- Professional art historian guide
- Private tour, max 5 people in a group
Price: €200 per person | Converted to US Dollar $235.99 per person
Included in a price: entrance (skip the line) tickets | private guide (art historian) | drawing material